Ant Control 101: How To Keep Your Pompano Beach Home Ant-Free
June 20, 2023 - Ants
Ants are among the most frequent pests Pompano Beach pest control companies find in homes. These persistent insects are adept at sneaking into houses, and once they get in, they can be incredibly challenging to get out. But these pests are not something you just need to live with.
Welcome to Ant Control 101, where we will discuss the characteristics of some of the most common species of ants that infest homes and the health risks that come with them. We'll also provide information about the best ways to prevent ants from entering your home. Continue reading to learn more about ant pest control with the pros at GOTBUGSIKILL.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Home-Invading Ants
Regarding ants in Pompano Beach, proper identification is the key to effective ant control. Knowing which ants you have will help determine where they are nesting and what is attracting them. The following list describes the most common home-invading ants in Pompano Beach and their habits and behaviors:
- Carpenter ants: Large red or black ants that infest wood, food that attracts them includes sweets, eggs, meat, and grease.
- Crazy ants: Dark brown to black ants with a gray sheen that you will see running in an erratic, jerky manner while searching for food such as fruits and seeds.
- Ghost ants: Pale yellow ants with dark brown heads that you may see walking in trails toward a food or water source in the home.
- Pharaoh ants: Small pale yellow or reddish ants we frequently find in warm, humid areas of the house near a food or water source.
If you have trouble identifying the type of ants infesting your home or need assistance eliminating them, GOTBUGSIKILL offers ant control in Pompano Beach. Contact us today to learn how we can help you get rid of ants and keep them from returning.
The Health Risks Of Ant Infestations
Ants aren't just one of the most annoying pests to infest homes. They also have the potential to endanger the health of your family. Some species, such as crazy and ghost ants, can contaminate food and surfaces in your home.
Of all the species on our list, pharaoh ants in your home have the highest potential to cause illness. These ants spread bacteria such as salmonella, staph, strep, and clostridium. If you suspect any of these ants are infesting your residence, the sooner we eliminate them, the safer you will be.
Ants are social insects that live in large colonies, making them challenging to eliminate. If you need help determining the type of ants you have, or the risk factors that come with them, we are here to help. Contact us at GOTBUGSIKILL to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment to eradicate your ant problem.
Prevention Is Critical To Successful Ant Control
Because ants can be difficult to eradicate, prevention is the key to successfully controlling them. Here are some simple and effective ant prevention tips you can use to keep ants outside where they belong:
- Fix any moisture issues, such as leaking pipes, faucets, or air conditioning units.
- Ensure adequate ventilation in crawl spaces and attics, or use a dehumidifier.
- Store your food in pest-proof containers, including pet food.
- Clean up crumbs and spills immediately, and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
- Keep tree branches and shrubs cut back away from the house.
- Seal any cracks and gaps on your home's exterior and ensure all of your window and door screens are intact.
Taking proactive steps can significantly reduce the chances of an infestation in your home. But the best way to ensure ants stay outside is to work with a professional company that offers ant control services near your home. Contact us at GOTBUGSIKILL to request your free estimate today.
Professional Ant Control: A Great Way To Keep Ants Out For Good
If you are ready to get rid of ants, it is time to call in the pros at GOTBUGSIKILL. Our expert technicians know how to quickly identify and treat any species of ant that is causing trouble in your home. We know all the areas to search for pest activity and can help find potential entry points around your home.
Reach out to GOTBUGSIKILL today to learn more about our ant control solutions, request an estimate, or schedule an appointment. Our technicians will help you eliminate the ants in your home and determine how to keep them from returning.
We had German roaches bothering us for more than 6 months ,we bought every kind of trap and roaches poison but never worked . We reach out to Juan he was professional and effective within 2 treatments all the roaches was gone ,I can finally invite my friends and family back to the house. I highly recommended Juan for any extermination he did a wonderful job for the price and was definitely worth it.Thank you do much. Sandy and Gabe.