Ant Control 101: A Helpful Guide For Boca Raton Homeowners
September 05, 2023 - Ants
Welcome to ant control 101, where we will explain how to achieve effective ant control on your Boca Raton property. If you've been struggling with an ant problem in your home for some time, you've likely already figured out what doesn't work to get rid of them. DIY ant control products, like baits and sprays, will not deal with an entire colony of ants living in or around your house.
This guide will describe how specific ant behaviors lead to large amounts of them on your property, the problems they cause when they invade homes, and review some common ant prevention mistakes people make. We'll also explain when to contact an ant exterminator in Boca Raton for assistance. Learn more about this common pest and the best way to control them with the experts at GOTBUGSIKILL.
Ant Behavior: Social Hierarchy And Communication
Ants in Boca Raton live in large colonies where each individual has a job that helps to support the rest of the colony. Typically this includes sterile females that are the workers, at least one queen (or more, depending on the species), and males who have the task of mating with the queen. These ants communicate with each other through chemicals called pheromones.
These characteristics and behaviors help to explain how an ant infestation starts in your house. Worker ants have the task of feeding the colony, and when they find a food source (like sugar spilled in the back of your cabinet), they leave a trail of pheromones for the rest of the colony to follow.
Ant's effective communication skills are part of the reason they are so challenging to eliminate. Crushing an ant or two or using sprays to kill them is ineffective because the thousands of other ants in the colony know how to find their way into your home. Contact us today at GOTBUGSIKILL for assistance eliminating ants and keeping them out.
Ant Problems: Health Concerns And Property Damage
It would be one thing if ants were simply a nuisance pest, but many species in our area can cause health problems, and some endanger the structure of your home. The following list describes the problems that can come with the most common species of ants in Boca Raton:
- Bigheaded ants can cause minor damage to lawns and houseplants.
- Bigheaded, crazy, and ghost ants can contaminate your food and cooking surfaces while they forage in your home.
- Carpenter ants in your house create their nests in wood, and over time, they can weaken the structural integrity of your home.
- Pharaoh ants can spread dangerous pathogens and build large colonies inside the house.
- White-footed ants form large colonies, containing up to three million individuals, with 1/3 of the population being reproductive.
If ants infest your home, the sooner you eliminate them, the better. Reach out to us today at GOTBUGSIKILL to learn more about our ant control services or to schedule an appointment.
Ant Prevention Mistakes To Avoid: Common Pitfalls And Solutions
Ants are a common problem in Florida, and if you ask around, your friends and neighbors will likely offer plenty of ant prevention tips. Many of these tips are effective, but some common mistakes can occur, such as:
- Not addressing moisture issues, including leaking pipes and areas with high humidity in the home, produces a powerful attractant for ants.
- Not sealing every potential entryway to your home, such as cracks in the foundation or gaps around windows and doors, leaves a pathway into your house.
- Storing food in containers that ants can access instead of glass or plastic pest-proof containers is a common pitfall.
- Not keeping the kitchen clean is a common mistake, so clean up spills and crumbs immediately, vacuum frequently, and avoid leaving dishes in the sink.
- Storing trash in open containers or ones that don't seal properly can attract ants.
If ants remain a problem in your home, contact us today at GOTBUGSIKILL for assistance. Our ant pest control services can help you to eliminate the infestation in your home and prevent these insects from returning.
The Key To Successful Ant Control: Contact Us Today!
The simplest and most effective way to get rid of ants and prevent them from returning is to team up with a local company like GOTBUGSIKILL. Our professional ant control services will help to ensure these pests don't become a problem again. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment and get back to having the pest-free home you and your family deserve.
I typically don’t review businesses, but This company has been extremely efficient With controlling bugs in and outside of our house. We first called them with a roach problem inside Of the house. Juan Was able to book an appointment to come to our home within two days. He was able to get the roach problem under control right away. We hired his company to do maintenance pest control for our house and have never regretted it. We appreciate not being just a number like you would be with some of the bigger companies. Anytime I have a question they answer right away. If you are in need of quality pest control, definitely give them a call!